Keep Calm & Conquer Finals
It’s Finals Time but there’s no need to fear. Read on and follow these tips to finish #NAUStrong and slay those finals.
Create a game plan
Make a study/finals plan for all your classes.
Ask yourself the following questions ↓
- How will the final be structured (multiple choice, short answer, essay)
- Is it cumulative?
- What materials will help you study?
Set your alarms
Be prepared and make sure you don’t forget about the important details like the times for your finals.
Put a reminder/calendar event in your phone with information for all your final exams.
Back home already? Make sure to note any time changes you need to be aware of
Another helpful tip? Take a picture of this information and make it your phone backdrop so you won’t have to search for it the morning of.
#LumberjackTip If you’re a heavy sleeper, add multiple alarms or put your phone in a glass to amplify the alarm.
Be intentional with your studying
Study for the most difficult classes first
- Calculate your grade BEFORE your final
- Use a variety of study aids & tactics — practice questions, flash cards, Quizlets, homework assignments, old tests, talk it out.
**Don’t just read the material. Apply aka DO SOMETHING with it.
Form a virtual study group
Groups can help you avoid procrastination, learn faster, see problems from a different perspective.
#LumberjackTip Keep your study group relatively small ~3–4 people.
Put your phone away and study in an environment conducive to work.
Study in short bursts then take a break.
Improve your Concentration
Remove yourself from distractions —
- Turn off the TV
- Turn off your phone
Control test anxiety
Limit caffeine, breathe and avoid cramming.
Take Care of Yourself
- Self care — Get plenty of sleep, don’t forget to eat and work out too.
DAY OF THE EXAM
- Answer easy questions first. No more than 90 seconds on any one non-essay question.